Does your home’s siding look old and dingy? If so, you may have considered buying or renting a power washer to blast that crud off the side of your home. While that may seem like a good idea at first because it’s fast and easy, you may want to think twice before blasting your siding with high-pressured water. In fact, many siding contractors in Anoka County, MN agree that power washing your home likely has more negative consequences than benefits. Keep reading to learn why power washing your home by yourself may not be the best course of action during this year’s spring cleaning spree:
- Holes: As you can imagine, power washers are heavy-duty tools. In fact, they can blast jets of water at speeds of up to 243 miles per hour! Even though your siding is made to withstand the elements, it’s typically not capable of handling that much force, especially in a concentrated area. The worst part is that a small hole in your siding doesn’t stop there—that hole will grow and grow until you have a massive gash on the side of your home. At that point, the only option is to replace your siding, and that’s not cheap. Save yourself a huge headache by hiring professionals to power wash your siding for you.
- Water damage: The second concern siding contractors in Anoka County, MN have about power washers has to do with water damage to the layer right beneath your siding. If you don’t know what you’re doing with the power washer, you’re likely to spray water straight up. That water will get under the vents in your siding and cause the wood underneath to rot, which can lead to mold growth. Again, that’s not a cheap fix! Leave power washing to the professionals and you can rest easy knowing that your siding and home will be safe from water damage.
Why call a professional?
Given the popularity of do-it-yourself projects, it’s no surprise that many people want to take this approach when it comes to cleaning their siding. Here are three reasons to call in the pros rather than make a DIY project out of power washing your siding:
- Techniques: As mentioned above, an amateur power washer is likely to spray water directly up the vent and cause water damage to the wood beneath the siding. Professionals know the right techniques to safeguard against this happening.
- The right power washers: Not all power washers are created equal. Some are much more powerful than others. Professional siding cleaning companies know this, and that’s why they only use low-pressure washers that won’t put holes in your siding.
- Detergents: Going along with the previous point, professional power washers carry powerful detergents that get your siding spotless and also prevent future mold and fungus growth. Hiring a professional will guarantee you have the cleanest siding on the block and ensure that mold never comes back.
Leave the power washing to the team at Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo this spring. Our trained professionals have years of experience working with power washers to ensure spotless siding. If power washing alone won’t do the trick, have no fear! We have all of the right scrubbers and brushes in our arsenal to get your siding looking as good as new in no time at all. When you need siding contractors in Anoka County, MN, we hope you’ll get in touch!