Considering Home Improvements in the Twin Cities? A Little General Maintenance Can Create Big Curb Appeal
Whether you’re prepping your home for sale or simply want to have the sharpest property on the block, a few general maintenance items can send your curb appeal through the roof. In fact, you might find that sprucing up your property requires fewer home improvements in the Twin Cities than you thought.
With the right maintenance, your property could be the envy of the neighborhood. Use the following tips to increase your home’s curb appeal this season:
- Add some sparkle: Homeowners often underestimate the power of a good window washing. A thorough interior and exterior cleaning of your panes can transform the look of your home. It removes a layer of grime from the outside and lets more sunlight inside. Be sure to make screen repairs while you’re at it.
- Decorate your door: Your front door makes an important first impression. Whether that impression is good or bad depends on the attention you give your entry. If your door is looking a little worn, consider repainting it, along with the surrounding frame. Replace or refurbish the kickplate if needed. Shine up the handles with a thorough cleaning and polishing. This maintenance can create a grand entry for your home that greatly increases the overall curb appeal of your property.
- Renew the roof: Is your roof an eyesore? Over time, mold and mildew can create unsightly stains. Missing or damaged shingles can make matters worse. Make any necessary repairs to your roofline to keep it looking sharp. Power washing can help restore its original color and even make it look like new again.
- Freshen your fencing: Sagging or rotten fencing makes your home looked unkempt. Straighten posts, repaint fences and repair gates. Don’t forget to include the mailbox post in this maintenance. A fresh coat of paint and a few flowers around this fixture can make a big impact on your curb appeal.
- Landscape the lawn: Are your bushes overgrown? Have weeds found their way into your flower beds? Are tree limbs encroaching on your roofline? Staying on top of this regular trimming and weeding will help keep your home attractive. Clear away seasonal debris and include fresh flowers in your landscaping to maintain an inviting lawn.
- Prep the patio: Outdoor spaces can provide an inviting oasis, but they must be properly maintained. Power wash your patio or deck to remove years of grime. Do the same for the furniture. Trim the surrounding landscaping and add a few attractive plants. Your freshened space can provide the perfect exterior retreat that adds amazing curb appeal to your home.
Do you need assistance with home improvements in the Twin Cities to bolster your curb appeal? Contact the professionals at Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo. With a few general maintenance tasks, we can enhance your home’s appearance with a transformed exterior. For top-level service and superior results, we are your go-to source. Reach out to us today for a free estimate. We look forward to partnering with you for ongoing maintenance that will keep your home looking sharp.