Few home projects are more significant than a new roof. From minor repairs to complete replacement, roofing projects can have a great impact on your property and your bank account. If one of these projects is on your 2019 calendar, it’s essential to choose the right professional for the job. As you consider roofing contractors in the Twin Cities, use the following vetting methods to find the best experts for your project:
- Do your research: Check with local and national industry organizations to determine the rating of roofing contractors in the Twin Cities. Check with the Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. If the company does not have a good standing with these authorities, you should look elsewhere for your contractor.
- Ask for referrals: A company that is worthy of your business will have satisfied customers who can provide solid referrals. Ask the roofing contractor to provide recommendations or referrals that demonstrate they are a company you can trust.
- Get your own referrals: Ask around. Who did your neighbors hire for their roofing project? Get recommendations from friends and family. Word of mouth is a solid way to discover what kind of service you can expect from a contractor.
- Look for manufacturer designations: If roofing contractors in the Twin Cities have these designations, it means they have passed certain industry requirements to be factory certified. These badges of honor are an indication of quality work.
- Ask about experience: How long has the company been in business? How much experience do current employees have? Find out if they have experience in the specific type of project you require. A long track record of success with a wide range of projects is a good indicator that the contractor is a reliable one.
- Do a safety check: Ask the roofing contractors in the Twin Cities what safety measures they have in place. How do they plan to keep you, your property and their employees safe during the project? Are they properly trained in safety programs? Safety is a top concern for quality contractors.
- Get it in writing: When you get an estimate, it should be in writing. In fact, all of your dealings with roofing contractors in the Twin Cities should be in writing. A phone call and a handshake are not sufficient. A professional contractor should be willing to put all aspects of the project in writing.
- Determine warranty: Do the roofing contractors stand behind their work? As you interview various companies, find out what kind of warranty each offers. A quality contractor will back their performance and products with some type of guarantee. Ask about manufacturer warranties as well as specific guarantees from the contractor.
Make the Right Call
When you need a quality roofing contractor in the Twin Cities, look to the professionals at Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo. We are Minnesota-licensed contractors and certified roof shampoo technicians. Our team has an A+ rating with the BBB, and we’ve been serving clients throughout the area since 1994. Contact us today for a free written estimate.