Whether you are preparing to sell your home now or are thinking of doing so at some point in the next few years, finding affordable ways to boost curb appeal is undoubtedly high on your list. Even if selling your home isn’t on your radar, home improvements in Minneapolis, MN can still add tremendous value and convenience. Here are a few improvements that you can make to your home that will pay off both now and in the future:
- Hardware updates: When the exterior fixtures of your home are old and dingy, they can detract from the rest of your property’s beauty. Replacing items such as the house numbers, door locks and handles, overhead lighting and the mailbox are all simple and relatively inexpensive upgrades that can improve the overall appearance of your home. If your home’s exterior has a traditional look, oiled bronze finishes help present a classic appearance, while nickel fixtures highlight contemporary features on more modern homes.
- Finding symmetry: Home improvements also give you an opportunity to achieve balance with your house’s external features. For example, if you plan on adding lighting near the front door, consider adding fixtures on both sides to frame the entrance. The same can be done with the pathway lighting along the sidewalk leading to your home. These upgrades will not only provide added illumination, but will also help create the warm and inviting feel that buyers are looking for.
- Dynamic garden: Even if your home doesn’t have a dedicated garden space, you can still add a bit of color with an instant garden. You can easily create a dynamic garden on your property by adding some of your favorite plants and flowers in a small unused area outside, or you can pick up a couple of ready-made garden containers from your local garden center.
- Art accents: If you really want to take the look of your property to the next level, try adding art accents. Fountains, birdbaths, water sculptures and decorative wind chimes might be just what is needed to add a sense of calm to your home’s appearance. Placing these accents in spots where they can easily be seen and heard can draw in even more potential buyers.
- Gutter replacement: Old, ragged gutters and downspouts can negatively affect the view that buyers have of your house. Installing brand new gutters will help you put your best foot forward, while also serving as reassurance that your home has been well taken care of both inside and out.
All of these home improvements in Minneapolis, MN can add both curb appeal and functionality to your property. For help with the improvements you need to stage the outside of your home and boost the overall appeal of your property, contact the team at Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo. If you are looking to sell your home, this boost in curb appeal on the exterior of your property will set the tone for everyone who visits and can go a long way in helping to make a sale. To upgrade the look of your home with some of these improvements, make sure you give us a call today.