When homeowners think about renovations and remodeling, they might immediately brainstorm ideas for the inside of their house, but exterior home improvements in Minneapolis are just as important. Exterior home improvements can affect your home’s appearance, performance, value and longevity, and investing in your home’s exterior can have a number of positive benefits. To help provide you with some inspiration, consider a few of the biggest trends in exterior home improvements in Minneapolis we’re seeing in 2019:
- Bold color contrast: Many homes have muted, neutral color palettes that don’t make much of an impression, but bold color choices and contrasts are becoming more popular among homeowners. You can pair a bold exterior color with a dark charcoal trim, or create even more contrast with white siding and dark gray or black trim. This creates visual interest and is a tasteful way to make your home look memorable.
- Create outdoor living space: You might not be spending much time outside this winter, but when summer rolls around, you’ll be glad that you invested in your outdoor living space. More and more homeowners are maximizing their usable space and expanding their living space by establishing outdoor lounges, seating areas, kitchens and gathering spaces.
- Natural materials: Natural materials like stone, wood and brick are incredibly popular among homeowners who want to achieve an earthy look with their home’s exterior. You can use these natural materials as siding for your home to add an element of visual interest while protecting your property against the elements. It’s important to select high-quality siding materials, regardless of which specific finish you choose, to ensure that your home is protected for years to come.
- Refined outdoor structures: Lots of homeowners don’t pay much attention to their outdoor garages and sheds beyond their defined functions, but these structures have the potential to contribute to the aesthetic appeal of your home and your property. Lots of homeowners are investing in repairs and improvements to make these structures more inviting and appealing so that they can be used for more than just storage.
- Clean exteriors: You don’t have to invest in costly exterior home improvements in Minneapolis to elevate the appearance of your property. Simply investing in pressure washing for your siding or shampooing service for your roof can make a huge difference in your home’s curb appeal. In addition, regular exterior cleaning can actually extend the lifespan of your home and prevent damage from grime, dirt, debris and corrosion.
Turn your vision for your home’s exterior into a reality by calling Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo for help with professional exterior home improvements in Minneapolis. We specialize in a wide variety of exterior services that are designed to get your home into the best condition possible. Whether your goal is to transform the aesthetic appeal of your home’s exterior or you’re interested in making upgrades to improve your home’s insulation and energy efficiency, our team has the experience necessary to assist you. Get started with more information about our services and schedule a personalized consultation by giving us a call today.