Roofs are one of the most expensive and important parts of your home. If you’re in need of roofing repair, replacement or maintenance, it’s important that you find a trusted roofing contractor that’s capable of providing you with high-quality work at a good value.
A well-cared for roof can enhance your home’s value and curb appeal. Because roofing replacement is so costly, a roof in good condition will net you a substantial return on investment when it comes time to bring your home to market.
Choosing the right roofing contractors in Minneapolis, MN, may seem like an indomitable task—there are so many out there to choose from! Fortunately, there are a number of traits that you can use to measure a roofing contractor’s capabilities.
Here are just a few things to look for when it comes time to hire a roofing professional to perform work on your home:
- Solid safety record: The last thing that you want to happen during your roof repair or maintenance appointment is a job-site accident. Even minor injuries and accidents can seriously delay your roof’s repair or reinstallation, meaning that your home could be left vulnerable to unpredictable weather conditions. It’s important to find a contractor with a reliable safety record.
- Professional memberships: The most reliable contractors are active, involved members of their industry and their communities. You should check for industry association memberships when selecting a contractor. Many industry associations require their members to have solid safety records, a history of strong customer satisfaction and certain quality standards.
- Expertise: Not all roofing contractors are equally well-suited to perform all tasks on all types of roofs. Some contractors, for instance, may specialize in performing maintenance on flat roofs, which are most commonly used on commercial buildings. Other contractors could specialize in bleach-based roof shampoos, which are unfriendly to the environment and could damage your lawn and landscaping.
- Customer service orientation: When you call a roofing contractor to schedule an estimate, be sure to pay close attention to the way they communicate with you on the phone. Do you feel like the representative carefully listened to your request? Do you feel like they’re a customer-focused company? If not, you should probably bring your business elsewhere.
- Quality guarantee: The best contractors always stand behind their work. You should always ask your roofing contractor about their quality guarantee or their warranty options. If they don’t include a comprehensive guarantee or limited warranty with their work, you should probably find another contractor.
Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo is one of the top roofing contractors in Minneapolis, MN. We’re proud to offer a range of roofing services, including roof maintenance, installation and repair.
We use an eco-friendly roof shampoo solution designed to safely clean your shingles while also preserving your lawn and shrubbery. We also offer limited general contracting services. We’re a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and are a certified roof shampoo contractor. Contact us today to learn more about ways that we can help you maintain your home’s roofing.