Reasons to Use an Eco-Friendly Cleaning Service on Your Home
We’ve posted many times before about the benefits of having your roof cleaned, but cleaning your roof with a power washer and bleach isn’t the way to go about this task. Instead, you should always hire a company like Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo that specializes in environmentally safe roof cleaning in Minneapolis. This post will cover why it’s so important to be eco-friendly when it comes to roof cleaning:
- It’s ultra-effective: First things first, our cleaning method is just the most effective way to clean your roof. Even though it’s gentle on the environment, our technique blasts through algae, lichens, moss and any other damaging substance that’s growing on your roof.
- Safe for landscaping: Whether they flow from the gutters or splash off the roof, whatever chemicals are used to clean your roof will eventually make their way onto the ground. Many cleaning chemicals used can harm or even kill the plants growing around your home, but not ours! All of your plants will be safe while we’re cleaning your roof.
- Bleach-free: Bleach is a great cleaner for some projects, but not when it comes to your roof. Instead of removing stains, bleach only temporary lightens them and, in the process, damages shingles and can lead to corrosion of the metal on your roof. Our cleaner doesn’t have any bleach in it, so your roof is safe and secure!
- No power washing required: Like bleach, power washers are valuable in some household cleaning chores—just not for roofs. Power washers can’t kill root systems growing underneath lichens and algae, so they’re fairly ineffective. Additionally, power washing has been known to break shingles, which necessitates replacement.
Is it time to have your roof cleaned?
Now that you know why you should have your roof cleaned using an eco-friendly method, it’s time to learn when you should have it done. Here are a few signs that it’s time for an environmentally safe roof cleaning in White Bear Lake, MN:
- It’s been a while: The time in between cleanings depends on a variety of factors. However, many experts suggest cleaning your roof every two years or so. If it’s been a few years since you’ve had your roof cleaned, you may want to give us a call to get a quote. After all, the longer you wait, the more expensive and time-consuming the process is likely to be.
- There are visible stains: Dark spots, algae, lichens and even moss can grow rather quickly on many roofs. The only way to beat them is to hire us to clean up there! We’ll quickly eliminate those stains and organisms, leaving you with a sparkling-clean roof.
- You’re selling soon: Appearance is everything when you’re trying to sell your house, so you need to make your home look as good as possible! Make a good first impression on all potential buyers by cleaning your roof and making it look brand new.
Thanks to the warm temperatures, summer is often the best time of year to have your roof cleaned! Give Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo a call today to schedule an environmentally safe roof cleaning in Wayzata, MN.