Regardless of the material you choose, today’s siding is built to last for decades. However, all good things must come to an end, and there may be a day when you have to call a contractor to replace your siding. This post from your trusted siding and roofing contractors in Minneapolis, MN will teach you a few of the red flags that mean it’s time for replacement:
- High heating and cooling bills: Your siding is supposed to help keep your home comfortable throughout the year by keeping inside air in and outside air out. Old and failing siding doesn’t do such a great job of that, which means your HVAC system will have to work harder to heat or cool your home. When that’s the case, your energy bills will get higher and higher each month. Talk to your siding contractor about lowering your energy bills by replacing your siding!
- Rotting or warping: Depending on the type of siding you have, you may notice that it starts to either warp (vinyl) or rot (wood) after a while. These problems may be able to be solved with repairs if you catch them soon enough. However, if you wait too long, replacement will be required.
- Fungus, mold or mildew: Green growth on the side of your home is obviously a major turnoff, but it’s not just a sign that you need to hire someone to power wash your siding. Any nasty growth indicates that there’s moisture somewhere under the siding, which will cause significant problems down the road. Call a siding contractor to inspect your siding and determine whether or not you’ll need to replace it.
- Severe fading: The sun’s powerful rays can take a toll on the exterior of your home. Vinyl siding will start to fade as time goes on, as will painted wood. Though wood can be repainted, your faded vinyl siding will have to be replaced.
- Bubbles: They might not be very noticeable, but bubbles in your siding are an indication that there’s water trapped under the surface. Needless to say, this means your siding should be replaced as soon as possible. The best way to avoid bubbles is to hire quality siding contractors in White Bear Lake, MN. Professionals know how to install your siding to reduce the risk of any bubbles forming in the future.
- Holes: Any holes in your siding are typically caused by insects or birds. Even if they’re small, they’re still a problem, as moisture can get into the hole and cause problems with mold, mildew or rotting.
- Peeling paint or wallpaper inside: Signs that your siding is old and failing don’t just come from the outside of your home. Peeling indoor paint or wallpaper could be signs that there’s moisture behind the wall that crept in from your failing siding. Instead of just repainting the wall, tackle the issue by replacing your siding today.
If you’ve noticed any of the problems mentioned above, it’s time to contact your favorite siding contractors in Minneapolis, MN. At Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo, we can repair and replace all types of siding. There’s no job too big or too small for our team to take on!