Why Is It So Important to Use Eco-Friendly Cleaning Services?
Keeping a clean roof is essential for both an aesthetically pleasing house and a healthy roof, but hiring roof cleaning services in Minnetonka, MN that use bleach or other harsh chemicals can often do more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about using eco-friendly cleaners:
- Roof and siding: Harsh cleaners that contain bleach will remove the mold and grime from your roof, but in doing so, they can actually make asphalt shingles brittle and cause rust on metal roofs. That residue can also drip down the side of your house, causing similar problems for your vinyl or wood siding.
- Lawn: As we just mentioned, the cleaning product won’t just stay on your roof. It’ll flow down into the gutters and eventually onto your lawn. Roof cleaners that contain bleach will quickly kill your grass and plants. You’ll know if a company uses bleach to clean roofs because they’ll cover your lawn and garden with tarps before they get to work.
- Pets and kids: The last thing you need is for your kids or pets to come into contact with bleach from roof cleaning chemicals. At Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo, our roof cleaner isn’t just safe for your grass and roof—it’s totally harmless for kids and pets, too.
- Long-term results: Bleach may do a great job of quickly cleaning your roof, but those results won’t last for too long. Soon enough, all of that nasty grime on your roof will grow back, and you’ll need to call the cleaning company to come out again. Our Roof Shampoo delivers results that last for a long time! Though it’s friendly on the environment, it’s grime’s number one enemy.
Signs that it’s time for a roof cleaning
You know that you should always hire eco-friendly roof cleaning services in White Bear Lake, MN, but do you know when to do so? Here are some of the indicators that it’s time to give us a call:
- Mold: Asphalt shingles are a common breeding ground for various species of mold, especially in areas of your roof that get a lot of shade. The mold feeds on the organic compounds in the shingles, and it can quickly spread to different parts of your roof and even to other roofs in your neighborhood. If you notice any green or dark areas on your roof, it could be mold, and you need to call for cleaning as soon as possible.
- Dark streaks: Those dark spots mentioned above could also be caused by blue/green algae. These algae also feed on your shingles and compromises their integrity after a while. If you don’t act quickly, the algae can start to affect the deck under your roof, which may necessitate some expensive repairs.
- Dull color: The sun’s rays will eventually fade the color of your roof and make it look a bit dull, but that dull color could also mean that your roof is just dirty! Schedule a cleaning to put some life back into your roof.
Don’t choose anyone but our team at Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo the next time you need an eco-friendly roof cleaning. Give us a call today to learn why we’re one of the top providers of roof cleaning services in Wayzata, MN!