Keeping your roof clean and free from algae and grime ensures a nice overall appearance and helps prevent issues with the shingles. However, you’ve got to be careful when it comes to the products you use to clean your roof! Many contractors use bleach to clean the roof, which leads to more problems than it solves. Continue reading to learn about the damage bleach can cause and why you should always hire professionals who perform bleach-free roof cleaning in Minnetonka, MN:
- Metal corrosion: Anyone who has ever cleaned with bleach knows that it’s a powerful chemical. Even if it’s watered down, bleach has the ability to corrode the protective metal flashing on your roof. Damaged flashing leads to leaks and other issues you don’t want to deal with as a homeowner.
- Roof discoloration: A dirty roof is no good, but neither is one that’s streaked and lighter in some areas than others. Bleach has been known to lighten areas of roofs without actually removing algae or mold. The only way to fix a lightened roof is to replace the shingles, which can be a costly process.
- Death of vegetation: You work hard to keep your flowers, bushes and grass looking nice throughout the summer. Hiring a contractor who cleans with bleach is the quickest way to kill all of your plants. Even if it’s diluted, bleach has the power to destroy your vegetation very rapidly. Any contractor who lays tarps on the ground is probably about to use bleach to clean your roof, so tell them to hit the road before they even get started!
- Phosphate additives are banned: Many contractors who use bleach to clean roofs will mix in phosphates and other additives to their solution to try and achieve a better cleaning product. Not only is this an ineffective method, but it’s also illegal. Phosphates are pollutants in watershed areas, and their use has been banned in many states.
Hire Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo to clean your roof
If your roof is due for a cleaning, be sure to hire our team at Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo to tackle the job. Here are a few reasons why our customers choose us over any other company in the area:
- Eco-friendly solutions: Obviously, we wouldn’t put together a whole post about bleach-free roof cleaning in Wayzata, MN if we didn’t use eco-friendly cleaners ourselves. We’re the only area company authorized to use Roof Shampoo to clean off roofs. Roof Shampoo easily clears roofs from any debris without harming the environment or your roof.
- Fully licensed and insured: As a general rule, you should never hire a contractor who’s unlicensed or uninsured—it just leads to all sorts of problems. Rest easy knowing that we’re a Minnesota State Licensed General Contractor that’s fully insured to complete roofing work.
Don’t choose anyone but Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo when you need roof cleaning! When you hire us, you can rest easy knowing you’re getting bleach-free roof cleaning in White Bear Lake, MN that’s both safe and effective.