Important Reasons to Keep Your Home’s Roof Clean
An old, dirty, stained, cracked and debris-laden roof isn’t just bad for your home—it’s bad for your curb appeal and neighborhood value. Your insurance company may even drop you for having an overly messy roof. With fall already here and winter on its way, it’s time to start giving your roof the attention it needs. That is, it’s time to clean your roof and repair any damage. Luckily, this is easy when you have a good, eco-friendly roof cleaning service in Minnetonka, MN.
Here’s why keeping your home’s roof clean will also protect your return on your investment:
- Stains: Stains on your roof can make your entire home look old and dingy. Whether you plan to sell your home in the future or you just want a home that reflects well on you, it’s smart to clean off the stains. Not only do they make your roof look awful, but they can also damage its structural integrity—particularly if algae or mold are causing the stains.
- Algae: Algae isn’t just unattractive—it can also destroy your roof if it’s left to take over. Algae takes root in and around your shingles, which ruins the protective granules that coat them. Your roof cleaning company can help by using a gentle eco-friendly cleaner, without any pressure. (If you try power washing your roof, you’ll take off even more of those protective granules. Never use a power washer on the roof.)
- Spot damage early: Another great advantage of keeping your roof clean is the opportunity to spot damage early. When your eco-friendly roof cleaning service in White Bear Lake, MN is up on your roof, they’ll be able to tell you if they spot any issues that need to be addressed soon. This is especially helpful if you’re behind on your roof maintenance or are unable to climb up and monitor the situation for yourself.
- Lower your utility bills: Did you know that a stained roof can actually raise your utility costs? When your roof is stained, it darkens, and that darkening can trap heat underneath your roof, raising your energy bills by as much as 25 percent. Plus, the excessive heat will shorten the shingle life, so you’ll need to repair or replace your roof sooner. This is another great reason to keep up on your roof cleaning. Not only will your home look great, but you’ll save money over time.
- Great, low-cost results: Finally, keeping your roof clean is an affordable way to keep your house looking clean and attractive. It also protects your roof from all of the above factors that can significantly shorten your roof’s lifespan.
The best way to keep your roof in great shape is to get regular maintenance—and that includes cleaning your roof. When you notice stains or algae accumulating, call your local roofing contractor. They can help you clean and properly maintain your roof so it lasts for years—or even decades—to come.
Diamond Roofing, Remodeling & Roof Shampoo is your source for eco-friendly roof cleaning service in Wayzata, MN. Call us today to get started.